Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Shovel

I started to feel a little light headed. A broke one came into the bus we were scavenging and bit my finger off. When we got back to the camp I asked Beck, the camp nurse, to find something to replace it. He was quite scared looking at the metal where my bone should be, I had to explain to him that it was an experiment gone wrong in my training camp. After I was done explaing it he found something right away, a small shovel handle. I decided to give someone in the garden my job for a while so that I could rest, but that didn't last very long. "Hurry up Caleb the broken ones have breached the back gates." I ran to get a gun, but then remembered I was the gardener now. Slowly deciding to get back to planting I heard everyone scream. Beck and his son were dead. I looked for a gun in panic, but then saw my shovel on the ground. I ran into the crowd of broken ones, and hit most of them in the head. One after one they fell for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment