Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Screwdriver

"--the broken ones--the back--." I didn't understand it for the most part, but I didn't need to. I ran to our hut and looked around for our daughter. I almost passed out when I heard her and my husband screaming. The closest thing I could grab that was somewhat a weapon was a screwdriver. I ran out and saw Caleb killing the broken ones with his shovel while eyeing me with an apologetic look. I didn't even want to know what it meant, even though I had a really good idea. I stabbed into the eye sockets and twisted make sure to destroy the brain. When I finally got to Caleb I made sure to stay by his side. Until I saw my family, I was strong, but I was just to much. I was mad at then, mad at them for leaving me behind. That didn't mean I wasn't devastated. I told them that Caleb and I would promise to stay safe. "We have to go now Paige." He had startled me. "First let me have your gun or your knife." He nodded in understanding and left. "Goodbye Paige. At least you will all be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment